While it is still hard to determine the impact of Coronavirus in the long term, it has become a subject that is impossible to ignore. Sooooo, here comes another article about it!
If you are like me, you are not ignoring the situation taking place all over the world. Instead, you are staying informed and taking necessary precautions – without freaking out. After all, if you have minor kids at home, they will certainly pick up on your anxiety.
There is a lot of information being spread and a lot of differing opinions. Some are advocating we prepare to be quarantined, potentially for months. Others are saying the virus is nothing more than a common cold. The World Health Organization takes a more middle-of-the-road approach, advising we take precautions without becoming alarmed.
I am going to take a similar middle-of-the-road approach and empower you to make informed decisions for you and your family. Here are some resources to stay up to date on the virus and to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy. For your reference, here is a link where you can track infection and death rates over time. As you can see, the numbers are increasing daily. Most of the people who die from coronavirus are over the age of 60. Those who have chronic illnesses like heart disease and diabetes have a 5–10% higher chance of dying from it.
If you have parents who may need information on how to boost their immunity, it would be good to share this article with them. This video shares that, as of January 30, 2020, approximately 8,000 people had been infected with the Coronavirus, and 214 had died. The video indicates that symptoms are similar to a bad respiratory cold, with fever and cough, and that the only treatment is fever-reducing medication.
Taking precautions now to up your intake of immunity-boosting supplements, the same way you might if there was a cold circulating in your community, would be a great idea. A friend of mine shared some resources they have compiled to help shore up their immunity, and I have included them in the list below.
This is not medical advice, neither my friend nor I are doctors, just health conscious individuals. Consult your personal doctor before taking any supplements at all. These are just the things I am considering for my family, and I am sharing with you so you can make the call for yours.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D, 3000 units or more
- Sodium Ascorbate, 1250 mg. or more
- Zinc, 30 – 50 mg
- Black elderberry, 600 – 1500 mg
- Lion’s Mane (Host Defense by Stamets)
- NAC (1200 – 1800 mg)
- Lipoic acid (1200 – 1800)
- Spirulina (15 g)
- Selenium (50 – 100 mcg)
- Glucosamine (3000 mg or more)
- Yeast Beta-Glucan (250 – 500 mg)
Supplies to keep on hand:
- Colloidal Silver
- Oregano oil
- Immunity boosting essential oils like Thieves or OnGuard Oil
- Sanitizing wipes
- Protective masks
- Wash your hands, more than you usually do, and consider wiping down surfaces on airplanes, public transportation, and at the gym with your own sanitizer wipes.
- For parents with minor children, have them sing the first verse of their favorite song while lathering the soap on their hands to ensure they are properly washing them.
- Have emergency food, water, and medical supplies prepared (always a good idea).
- Practice breathing through your nose instead of your mouth. Nose hairs offer natural protection from airborne viruses. This is especially important for those living in big cities.
- Consider avoiding crowded places like airplanes, churches, theaters, etc.
- Make sure you are drinking plenty of purified water.
- If you smoke, it is an especially good time to quit to protect your lungs.
In the event you or a loved one do get sick and need to go to the hospital, it is important to prepare a list of your needs. Include your preferred hospital, your primary care doctor and any specialists, food allergies and preferences, and supplements and medications you take. Also indicate any procedures you desire or do not desire. Additionally, you should name the person or people authorized to make healthcare and financial decisions for you if you cannot make them for yourself.
I can help you prepare these documents in our office, either to take precautions against coronavirus or for any other reason. Please get in touch if you are ready to get this handled and would like my help. I am here to support you making educated, informed, empowered decisions for yourself and the people you love, in all areas of your wealth, health, and happiness.